Can you believe January is almost over?! I can't... I'm pretty sure I have the same sentiment every. single. month... but it's true! This month, I played it pretty simple when it came to my hair & makeup. I only picked up a couple of things and pretty much stuck with what I loved & already had... I've been trying to use up and get rid of a lot of things in my makeup collection lately! Let's jump right into it!
1) Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette - I use this palette pretty much every time I do my makeup. I believe I got this last Spring & it's still a staple in my makeup collection. I love a good palette & all of the colors can be worn in a simple or full-glam look!
2) Carmex - Original Lip Balm - The cold winter has been rough on my lips, but carmex just works...
3) Makeup Forever Step 1 "Hydrating" Primer - I got this little sample from Sephora around November 2015! It's 0.16oz and has lasted me around 2-3 months, the full size tube is 1oz, I'm picking one up this weekend, but I absolutely love it. There's a huge difference in the way my makeup applies & lasts when I wear this primer vs. other ones.
4) MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter - Peach Lustre - I've been using this for what seems like forever but it's amazing. I use it to color-correct acne scars & dark spots. It's an orange shade & works like a charm! I'll always repurchase this item!
5) Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent - I've got to say this is a drugstore must-have! I like to use it to set my under-eye area... I'll use to handle of the brush & break it up to make it a 'loose powder' and I either apply it with the same blush or a wet beauty sponge... Great product!
6) Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft-Matte Hydrating Foundation - 90 Honey Beige - I love it! I got a shade too dark - it'd work perfect in summer, I'm a little "pale" at the moment, but I've managed to make it work... I love the coverage & the way it feels applied. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a new foundation and it ranges from $8-11 depending on where you buy it from what I've seen.
7) Smoke & Mirrors Beauty Lashes - Heart - I've been using #SMBLashes for quite awhile & I love them, every single pair! They're so easy to work with and very comfortable. They can be worn as a single set, obviously, or stacked for a fuller look. My favorite style is "Hollywood" & "Heart" however this month I was all about "Heart!" Check them out, a lot of celebrities & celebrity makeup artists swear by them!
8) Covergirl Star Wars "The Super Sizer" Mascara 7/10 - Very Black - My son bought me this mascara for Christmas, as he's a big Star Wars fan... I honestly didn't have high expectations for it & I was disappointed that it wasn't waterproof, but I was so surprised when I started wearing it! It goes on nice & even & I can build it up without getting clumpy or nasty looking lashes, I'll be repurchasing in a waterproof version.
9) Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick - Exorcism - Hands down! This is my favorite liquid lipstick, ever! I plan on getting more of the colors, but I'm completely content with this one for the time being. I've been wearing it since October, when I purchased it & it's still my go-to! I love the way it applies & lasts and it removes easily without feeling like you're ripping your lips off!
1) Garnier Fructis Full & Plush Shampoo
2) Garnier Fructis Full & Plush Conditioner
3) Garnier Fructis Full & Plush Voluptuous Blow Out
4) Adult Coloring Book: Color the Psalms & Crayola Colored Pencils
I love the way this collection smells! I'm a sucker for scents & gimmicky labels... lol
It claims to give you full & plush hair & that's exactly what I want & need! I think the shampoo & conditioner work just the same as anything else I've ever used, but it smells good & I feel like it cleanses my hair good enough. The smell makes me completely love & continue to use them though!
I love the Voluptuous Blow Out Blow Dry Modifying Treatment though! I think it works wonders in my hair... I apply it when my hair is slightly damp, blow dry & then straighten my hair. It also has heat protection up to 450'... My hair not only smells good, but it's so smooth & shiny... I used to use an oil or serum but my hair was left feeling greasy or weighed down, this doesn't do that AT ALL! There are a few other products in this particular line that I've yet to pick up, but I'm happy with what I have at the moment. Check it out!
I got my Adult Coloring Book for Christmas & I absolutely love it! I love everything about it, the theme, pictures & quality of the pages. I can't tell you what a stress reliever it really is to color in it.
I've always enjoyed coloring in the kid's coloring books with them but this has a completely different feel... There's no shame in sitting down & coloring! I'll admit it takes me a LONG time to complete a picture but I love the process & it's so relaxing to me!
I usually have a couple extra pairs of hands that try to help so I save it now for my 'alone' time, whenever I can get a little of that.
My sister bought it for me from a local shop, but it's only $8.25 on Amazon (Click the link to shop now!) The Crayola colored pencils are the best ones I've found so far... They sharpen easily & color the smoothest! I probably could splurge on fancy pencils from an arts & craft store but these do the job!
I'm just a girl, in her late twenties, living in Colorado, raising 3 boys, married to the love of my life & blogging about pretty things...
+ Click here to learn more about me.!
Subscribe & stay up-to-date by email, you'll be updated when I post!
Who doesn't love to save money? These are some of the sites I use that are also available as apps on iPhone & Android to do just that! Get cash back when you shop online & in stores!