I love Christmas time, it's so magical! I love looking at all the lights, making (and eating) holiday desserts, putting up the Christmas tree, decorating & the festive spirit that almost everyone is in... This year we decorated before Thanksgiving, bought a bigger tree & enjoyed the holidays so much leading up to Jesus' birthday... On Christmas day, unfortunately our family lost a very important woman in all of our lives, but we did our best to remain thankful & faithful on what is supposed to be such a joyous occasion.
Every Christmas morning, one of our traditions is having my parents, grandma, sisters & brother over to our house to open gifts from each other & see what Santa left. Every year, opening presents lasts a little longer, because there are more kids & because everyone (not including my boys) is grown up and can afford to buy gifts now, but it's something I love & look forward to! It's so exciting to watch my kids open their presents. I love seeing their eyes light up when they see what they got, but I've got to say, I lucked out this year and got quite a few amazing gifts, too! My family knows me so well & their thoughtful & generous gifts didn't disappoint ... and I might have helped the boys pick a couple things out for mom! ;)
In no way am I trying to brag or show off, but being that you'll see some of these things on the blog I thought I'd share what I got with you & a couple people mentioned that they''d like to see what I got... I mainly just wanted to mention the "beauty" related gifts I received, but I also got comfy socks, candles, lots of gift cards that I can't wait to use, so much chocolate, a new case for my MacBook, jewelry that means the world to me, a really cute cardigan & some other really nice gifts! One of my favorites, not shown, was a Keurig 2.0 that Santa left me & my hubby! I've been using a Mr. Coffee version that took K-Cups, that I was gifted on Christmas 4 years ago, but it wasn't keeping up with our demands anymore! I love the upgrade... ❤
I'm so appreciative of everything I got, big & small, regardless of how much or how little anything cost! Here's a break down of everything in the picture...
1. Sephora Gift Cards — You can never go wrong in gifting me a Sephora Gift Card. A lot of people in my life know I love beauty products, but either get freaked out when they see the price tag on certain items I love or don't know anything when it comes to makeup, so I always offer a Sephora GC as an option! My brother didn't even know it was a real store... lol
2. Morphe x Deysi Danger Highlight Palette — I cheated a little & got this before Christmas, but my husband bought it for me as an early Christmas present. It has 9 beautiful shades of highlighter that can be worn on their own or together for a subtle or out of this world shine!
3. M·A·C Cosmetics x Mariah Carey "Bit of Bubbly" Lipstick & "I'm That Chick You Like" Eyeshadow Quad — This gift really surprised me... My husband bought these for me & I was so excited because I had wanted a few things from the collab but everything was sold out by the time I looked.
4. Tom Ford Eye Defining Liquid Liner Pen — This double-sided eyeliner pen had been on my wishlist for quite sometime... It was one of those products that everyone raved about, but I was weary about purchasing it because of the price tag. But I've loved this eyeliner since the first time I used it! This was one of the gifts I helped the boys out with....
5. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Eau De Parfum Spray — This was a cute little gift my boys picked out when they went shopping with dad. I've always loved Juicy Couture scents & this was a throwback for me. I used to wear this scent when my oldest was a baby!
6. iPhone 7 Plus TPU Case — I love phone cases, I collect phone cases & this one is pink... love!
7. UGG Mini Bailey Boots — Believe it or not, this is my first pair of UGG's and I love them! I live in Colorado, so these are perfect for the cold, snowy weather! They are so much warmer than other similar styled boots I've bought in the past & this was gift to myself. The quality is there so I'm sure they'll last for many years but I wouldn't mind adding a couple different styles to my collection.
8. Victoria's Secret Fragrance Lotions: "Love Spell & Blush" — My mother-in-law bought these for me & I love them. I've always been a sucker for VS lotions & sprays. I'd never tried "Blush" but the scent is exactly what I like & I used to use "Love Spell" back in the day so this was an awesome gift!
9. Michael Kors Rhea Medium Backpack & Charlton Flap Wallet— I showcased this gift on Instagram & Facebook & I'm in love! Like I said there, Backpack purses are a must-have for mommies with little ones, especially my 3 boys. I've got to be hands-free in order to chase or carry them around! My amazing husband picked this out on his own & did good! He's got me spoiled, because he knows I have to have the matching wallet with all my bags. I love it and I own a lot of Michael Kors but I've never had anything in this Vanilla monogram design.
10. Christian Louboutin Parfum Collection: "Tornade Blonde, Bikini Questa Sera, Trouble In Heaven" — This was another amazing gift from hubby... I had mentioned MONTHS ago that I wanted to try these perfumes so badly & thought about buying them for the VIB Sales on Sephora but I never did... time had passed & although they were still on my wishlist I didn't give them much more thought because I was so focused on Christmas shopping for everyone else at that point... When I opened these up I almost cried (lol, very dramatic) because I was so excited that he'd listened to me ramble about these. I love them, it was such a sweet surprise!
11. Too Faced Lip Injection Lip Gloss Mini — My boys picked up this mini-sized Lip Injection lip gloss for me & it's so cute. I've been carrying it around with me and putting it on whenever I'm out. I'll have to pick up the full sized version because I like the effects and tingling sensation this gives.
12. Avon "Luck" La Vie Perfume — One of my sisters gave me this perfume... she works retail & I visit her often & sample all the sprays, so she has a pretty good idea of the scents I like and buy. She did a good job with this one. The top notes are warm cedarwood, strawberry & lilly. I'm not very good at describing scents, but I do know what I do and don't like... & this is perfect for me!
I hope you all enjoyed the holidays, whether you celebrate Christmas, something else or nothing at all. I would LOVE to hear what some of you got! I love watching and reading about hauls, new products & gifts!
Share what you got for Christmas in the comments below...
p.s. I'll be hosting a giveaway soon, so stay on the lookout & make sure to subscribe by email & follow me on social media to stay up to date!
I'm just a girl, in her late twenties, living in Colorado, raising 3 boys, married to the love of my life & blogging about pretty things...
+ Click here to learn more about me.!
Subscribe & stay up-to-date by email, you'll be updated when I post!
Who doesn't love to save money? These are some of the sites I use that are also available as apps on iPhone & Android to do just that! Get cash back when you shop online & in stores!